Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pat's Big Air Competition

     Yesterday I spent the day at Pat's Peak in Henniker, NH, photographing the Big Air snowboard competition.  What a day of music, great energy and super tricks.  The day started off on a low point, with my daughter taking a fall and breaking her arm in warmups.  She was pretty bummed.  She took another run after it happened, then got it checked.  She decided to stay and watch her friends compete and cheer them on.  I have to tell you, the comradere among boarders is pretty cool to watch.  One of her friends wrote a tribute on the bottom of his board and dedicated the runs to her.  Well we ended up  going to the hospital and getting her fixed up.  She's out of action for a month, but I'm sure I'll see her up there for the spring competitions.
     I took all of the photos and put them up on a site for everyone to check out.  First time shooting boarders.  Was a little tricky, but got a few good ones.  Here is the link: www.patsairyo.shutterfly.com  Check it out and let me know what you think.  Later

No comments:

Post a Comment